Sri Lanka politics and commentary

UN- බලු පැනල් එක පිලිබද ලිපි

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Senator Johnson’s odd dislike of the PPACA

Senator Johnson’s odd dislike of the PPACA

It’s the one year anniversary of the PPACA, and there have been a number of op-eds praising and cursing it. The WSJ took the opportunity to print a piece by Senator Ron Johnson, on the health care his daughter Carey received at birth, and how he is so thankful that the US system was not under the PPACA at the time.

Let me start by saying I’m thrilled Carey received top-notch care and that she’s doing well. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I wish the same for all children who need it. But let’s be clear. She received that care in part because she had insurance, and getting more people insurance is the whole point of the PPACA.

The arguments Senator Johnson makes are numerous. So I want to take them one at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment